The Other Side of the Mind
The human mind today is undergoing the most exciting and intensive probing in the history of mankind. In this unusual and provocative book, W. Clement Stone, a hard-headed businessman, and Norma Lee Browning, a top reporter, combine forces to explore The Other Side of the Mind – the fascinating, often controversial world of mind phenomena. “Enough is known today about the capabilities of the brain to provide science with its greatest challenge,” writes Norma Lee Browning. “It is now evident that we are only scratching the surface of human potentialities. When the curtain of mystery is lifted from the last unexplored corner of the mind, there will be no limits to what the future may hold for shaping the destiny of mankind.”
Keep an open mind as you read about:
• The strange psychic life of the Australian Aborigines.
• The mystery of the fire-walkers of the Fiji Islands.
• The yogis of India, who may hold the key which scientists everywhere are looking for to unlock the hidden reservoirs of human efficiency and energy.
• The startling and significant research into mental telepathy that is being done by Soviet scientists of the highest caliber.
• Extra-sensory perception and what the future holds for para-psychology.
• The researches into hypnosis, cybernetics and ESB – electrical stimulation of the brain.
• Lourdes, for whose cures medical science has no explanation.
• The sensitives of mediums who claim to have special psychic powers and the honest appearing charlatans who prey upon the gullible.
• How you can relate the facts in this book to your own life to develop and maintain your physical, mental, and moral well-being.