World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook
Discover Australia with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to swim with whale sharks, explore the Atherton Tablelands or sail in the Whitsunday Islands, The Rough Guide to Australia will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Australia:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Sydney and around, New South Wales and the ACT, Coastal Queensland, Outback Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, Melbourne and around, Victoria, and Tasmania.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Australia.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Sydney, Melbourne and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the captivating, rugged peaks of the Flinders Ranges and the stunning blue waters (and whale sharks!) of Ningaloo Marine Park.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Australia, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Sydney and around, New South Wales and the ACT, Coastal Queensland, Outback Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia, Melbourne and around, Victoria, and Tasmania.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.