This volume of the Medical Basic Guides is about Alcoholism "What You Always Wanted To Know About..." are straight-to-the-point, easily understandable and comprehensive medical ebooks and guides for everybody. Whether you are just interested in the topic of the book or you are directly affected by it, these books can really help you with the information you need. This is your step toward new insights and informations.
The contents of this book:
1. What is alcoholism?
2. Is alcoholism a disease?
3. Is alcoholism inherited?
4. Can alcoholism be cured?
5. Can alcoholism be treated?
6. Which medications treat alcoholism?
7. Does alcoholism treatment work?
8. Do you have to be an alcoholic to experience problems?
9. Are specific groups of people more likely to have problems?
10. How can you tell if someone has a problem?
11. Can a problem drinker simply cut down?
12. If an alcoholic is unwilling to get help, what can you do about it?
13. What is a safe level of drinking?
14. Is it safe to drink during pregnancy?
15. Does alcohol affect older people differently?
16. Does alcohol affect women differently?
17. Is alcohol good for your heart?
18. When taking medications, must you stop drinking?
19. How can a person get help for an alcohol problem?