- 69,99 €
Today, mathematics, biology, medicine, and statistics are closing the interdisciplinary gap in an unprecedented way and many of the important unanswered questions now emerge at the interface of these disciplines. Now in its Second Edition, this user-friendly guide on biostatistics focuses on the proper use and interpretation of statistical methods. This textbook does not require extensive background in mathematics, making it user-friendly for all students in the public health sciences field. Instead of highlighting derivations of formulas, the authors provide rationales for the formulas, allowing students to grasp a better understanding of the link between biology and statistics. The material on life tables and survival analysis allows students to better understand the recent literature in the health field, particularly in the study of chronic disease treatment. Biostatistics now includes a companion website to demonstrate the different applications of computer packages for performing the various analyses presented in this text.
* Includes access to a companion website with further examples and a full explanation of computer packages
* Over 40% new material with modern real-life examples, exercises and references
* New chapters on Logistic Regression; Analysis of Survey Data; and Study Designs
* Introduces strategies for analyzing complex sample survey data
* Written in a conversational style more accessible to students with real data