- 7,99 €
Discipline that you and your child will feel good about!
At last, a positive discipline book that is chock-full of practical tips, strategies, skills, and ideas for parents of babies through teenagers, and tells you EXACTLY what to do "in the moment" for every type of behavior, from whining to web surfing.
Parents and children today face very different challenges from those faced by the previous generation. Today's children play not only in the sandbox down the street, but also in the World Wide Web, which is too big and complex for parents to control and supervise. As young as age four, your children can contact the world, and the world can contact them. A strong bond between you and your child is critical in order for your child to regard you as their trusted advisor. Traditional discipline methods, no longer work with today's children and they destroy your ability to influence your increasingly vulnerable children who need you as their lifeline! You need new discipline tools!
Help your child gain:
• Strong communication skills for school, career, and relationship success.
• Healthy self-esteem, confidence, and greater emotional intelligence.
• Assertiveness, empathy, problem solving, and anger-management skills.
• A respectful, loving connection with you! You will gain:
• An end to resentment, frustration, anger, tears, and defiance in your parent-child relationship.
• Tools to respectfully handle most modern challenging parenting situations, including biting, hitting, tantrums, bedtimes, picky eating, chores, homework, sibling wars, smoking, "attitude," and video/computer games.
• Help for controlling your anger "in the moment" during those trying times.
• A loving, respectful, teaching and fun connection with your child!
"Offers a wealth of ideas and suggestions for raising children without the use of punishment of any kind." Linda Adams, President and CEO of Gordon Training International
"Learn the nuts and bolts of raising resilient children." Patricia Morgan, speaker, counsellor and author of The Light Hearted Approach: 87 Ways to Be an Upbeat Parent and Love Her As She Is: Lessons from a Daughter Stolen by Addictions