- 6,99 €
So you think you know your Bible History?
1. Did you know that when King Josiah marched against Egypt, that he did it to protect Babylon’s interests?
2. Did you know that Jeremiah was the Prophet to the Nations?
3. Did you know that Jeremiah revealed a highly classified Babylonian plan to take Carchemish and defeat the Egyptians, pretty much as it was happening?
4. Did you know that Jeremiah knew that Nebuchadnezzar was king when he arrived in Jerusalem, but Nebuchadnezzar only found out about it over a week later?
5. Do you know who Nitocris was?
6. Did you know that Jehoiakim, upon his crowning, swore to the Chief Priest in anger to do more evil than all his fathers before him?
So you think you know your Bible History? Think again!
The second book of the Empire of Gold series explodes to life with the kidnapping of the Princess of Egypt. This disaster touches off a series of catastrophic events which culminate in the death of Judah’s good King Josiah and the beginning of a new era of rebellion and idolatry in the tiny kingdom.
Topheth, the place of burning, that was what they called the fiery altars of the Baals, and the unquenchable flames of the garbage heap of Jerusalem had appropriated the name. It was the picture of eternal damnation to the people of Judah.
Tongues of fire flickered before the prophet’s face, casting eerie lights across his visage in the shadows of the city wall. The flames burned, attempting to devour the rubbish of the city which fed them. The rejected and outcast broken remnants of society were consumed here forever amidst the swarms of flies and the scavenging creatures which tried to gorge themselves on their share of the refuse before the flames could claim it.
Jeremiah faced hell and knew it could be avoided no longer…