- USD 35.99
Descripción de editorial
Build maintainable websites with elegant Django design patterns and modern best practices
About This Book
• Explore aspects of Django from Models and Views to testing and deployment
• Understand the nuances of web development such as browser attack and data design
• Walk through various asynchronous tools such as Celery and Channels
Who This Book Is For
This book is for you whether you're new to Django or just want to learn its best practices. You do not have to be an expert in Django or Python. No prior knowledge of patterns is expected for reading this book but it would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
• Make use of common design patterns to help you write better code
• Implement best practices and idioms in this rapidly evolving framework
• Deal with legacy code and debugging
• Use asynchronous tools such as Celery, Channels, and asyncio
• Use patterns while designing API interfaces with the Django REST Framework
• Reduce the maintenance burden with well-tested, cleaner code
• Host, deploy, and secure your Django projects
Building secure and maintainable web applications requires comprehensive knowledge. The second edition of this book not only sheds light on Django, but also encapsulates years of experience in the form of design patterns and best practices. Rather than sticking to GoF design patterns, the book looks at higher-level patterns. Using the latest version of Django and Python, you'll learn about Channels and asyncio while building a solid conceptual background. The book compares design choices to help you make everyday decisions faster in a rapidly changing environment.
You'll first learn about various architectural patterns, many of which are used to build Django. You'll start with building a fun superhero project by gathering the requirements, creating mockups, and setting up the project. Through project-guided examples, you'll explore the Model, View, templates, workflows, and code reusability techniques. In addition to this, you'll learn practical Python coding techniques in Django that'll enable you to tackle problems related to complex topics such as legacy coding, data modeling, and code reusability.
You'll discover API design principles and best practices, and understand the need for asynchronous workflows. During this journey, you'll study popular Python code testing techniques in Django, various web security threats and their countermeasures, and the monitoring and performance of your application.
Style and approach
This comprehensive project-driven guide will enhance your skill set by taking you through the well-known design patterns and industry-standard best practices in Django web development.