Tailored to follow the CIE IGCSE Biology specification, this iBooks Textbook produced by the Stephen Perse Foundation covers the “Respiration and Gas Exchange” section of the new syllabus.
This iBooks Textbook includes:
• A general overview of respiration
• Aerobic respiration
• Anaerobic respiration in humans and yeast
• Structure of the respiratory system
• The process of gas exchange in the alveoli
• The mechanism of breathing
• The effect of exercise on gas exchange
The text, written by Stephen Perse Foundation teacher Alex van Dijk, is enhanced by many interactive features. All books include an Extension section which aims to introduce the student to materials covered at 6th form level. The accompanying iTunes U course contains exercises and places to find more inspiration.
Another package from Aisling and Alex which is also marvellous, innovative and engaging.