FROM THE BESTSELLING AUTHORS OF FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS AND THE ORION MYSTERY
'An exciting book . . . deservedly a bestseller' SPECTATOR
In Keeper of Genesis, Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval present a tour de force of historical and scientific detective work:
· When and where did history begin?
· When was the genesis of civilisation in Egypt?
· How and why were the Great Sphinx and the three pyramids of Giza designed to serve as parts of an immense three-dimensional model of the sky of 'First Time'?
· What is contained in the rectangular chamber that seismic surveys have located in the bedrock far below the paws of the sphinx?
· What lies behind the mysterious doors recently discovered at the end of a previously unexplored shaft inside the Great Pyramid?
· Does mankind have a rendezvous with destiny - a rendezvous not in the future, but in the distant past - at a precise place and time?
Using sophisticated computer simulations of the ancient skies to crack the millennial code that the monuments transcribe, Bauval and Hancock set out a startling new theory of the Pyramid Texts and other archaic Egyptian scriptures.
'Reads like a detective story, with the reader enthusiastically trying to outguess the writers' Literary Review
'Start the book in the early evening and continue uninterrupted till you complete it in the small house. The effect is wonderful . . . Your entire world view has been shifted a hundred yards . . . You fall asleep thinking that nothing will ever be the same again' Sunday Telegraph