This book presents numerical and experimental research in the field of wind energy exploitation in urban environments. It comprises a selection of the best papers from the international colloquium “Research and Innovation on Wind Energy Exploitation in Urban Environment” (TUrbWind), held in Riva del Garda, Italy in September 2018. The book includes contributions from different research fields in urban wind resources, wind energy conversion systems, and urban integration, mainly focusing on the following topics:
· turbine concepts for urban and sub-urban environment;
· measuring and modelling wind resource;
· rotor aerodynamics, wakes and noise;
· design, loads, and supporting structures;
· novel shapes and materials;
· building concepts for wind energy exploitation;
· planning approaches for wind exploitation in urban areas.
It is a valuable resource for researchers and practitioners interested in the integration of wind energy systems and turbines in urban areas.