Across Asia on the cheap
A complete guide to making the overland trip
Lonely Planet: #1 Travel publisher in the world*
Lonely Planet Across Asia on the Cheap is reprint of the very first Lonely Planet guide, originally published in 1973. It gives anyone interested in travel a unique insight into how Lonely Planet began and an idea of what it was like to travel overland from Europe to Asia, 40 years ago.
Inside Lonely Planet Across Asia on the Cheap
• Introduction to the Lonely Planet story
• Latest eBooks Discover how far Lonely Planet’s books have changed over the last 40 years
• Country by country get an understanding of what it was like to travel overland in the 70s… ideal for the armchair traveller
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Quickly find what you are looking for with search capabilities
• Use bookmarks to quickly return to a page
• Add notes by touching a word to personalize your guidebook
• Inbuilt dictionary allows you to quickly look up the meaning of any word
Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Tony and Maureen Wheeler.
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel content provider. Started in 1973, we enable curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of a place via guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community.
‘TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012 winner in Favourite Travel Guide category’
“Lonely Planet … It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.” – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*#1 in the world market share – source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA. March 2012-January 2013