- 14,99 €
If you are about to study for a degree in the life or medical sciences, you will need to understand some core facts and concepts in chemistry. You do not need to be a budding chemist but you do need to be comfortable with chemical terms and principles.
Catch up Chemistry, second edition, will bring you up to speed with the subject and will lay the foundations of chemistry in those topics that will underpin your studies, such as:
- the nature of atomic structure and molecular bonding;
- the properties of biological molecules and macromolecules;
- the gas laws;
- the special properties of water;
- thermodynamic concepts in biology;
- biological transport mechanisms and transporters;
- understanding reaction mechanisms and kinetics;
- deriving energy from molecules;
At every stage the authors remind you of the relevance of this chemistry to your life or medical sciences course - this is not just chemistry for the sake of it. The book also contains a lot of questions (and answers), so that you can test your understanding at any time - it really does get easier with practice!