- 8,49 €
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a marksman is someone skilled at shooting at a mark or target. This is a book for hand-gunners who want to be marksmen.
By the end of the book, you should be able to hit bullseyes consistently (80 to 90 percent of the time) from a respectable distance.
Along the way, you will learn to:
* Choose and use a target for marksmanship training.
* Assess mechanical accuracy of your gun and ammo.
* Set a good training goal, based on gun, ammo, and shooter skill.
* Identify the grip and stance that work best for you.
* Properly align sights to hit the intended target.
* Translate dry-fire practice to improved performance on the range.
* Measure shooting accuracy and precision objectively.
* Diagnose flaws in technique, based on bullet-hole patterns.
* Test corrective strategies to solve performance problems.
* Find the zero range for handguns with fixed or adjustable sights.
* Describe bullet trajectory with a ballistic calculator.
Topics are covered in clear, aw-shucks language. Step-by-step instruction makes it easy to grasp material quickly. Key points are reinforced with practical exercises. And free online training aids are available at the book’s website.
There is nothing hard about developing handgun marksmanship skills. But there are a few moving parts. This book focuses on the most important parts, so you can quickly acquire the knowledge and skill you need to hit the bullseye (almost) every time.