*** Interactive Numerical Experiments Inside ***
The purpose of this booklet is to introduce some basic models in ecology based on differential equations. We assume little mathematical background. Readers need to know what the derivative of a function is.
About collection :
This augmented booklet is the second one within a collection titled Experimentarium Digitale and dedicated to mathematical modeling (in physics, biology, etc).
A unique feature of these booklets is the interactive numerical experiments they contain and which allow the reader to play with the presented models.
Interactive Numerical Experiments of this booklet :
• Lotka-Volterra prey-predator model.
• Lotka-Volterra prey-predator model with competition among preys.
• Vector field and associated solutions.
• Rosenzweig-MacArthur model.
• Competion model.
• Logistic growth equation.