- 7,99 €
What is valley fever? A soil-borne fungal infection endemic to the southwest and northern Mexico, this book seeks to raise awareness and promote understanding and treatment. The book is for both the general populace and healthcare professionals. The author recounts his many years of treating patients in a highly readable, narrative style that takes the reader into the mileau and life of his patients. Nevertheless, this is a well-researched treatise on a disease that has plagued agricultural and rural areas for generations.
The general reader will learn:
• Real people’s experiences
• Signs, symptoms, and treatment options
• When to seek medical attention and request examination
• Treatment, care, and cure
Health care professionals will learn:
• Clarity about the disease process
• Accuracy and efficiency and in diagnosis and treatment
• Case studies
• Why we still need to look out for this disease.