- 26,99 €
Discover solutions to all your Tkinter and Python GUI development problems
About This Book
• Integrate efficient Python GUI programming techniques with Tkinter
• Efficiently implement advanced MVC architectures in your Python GUI apps
• Solve all your problems related to Tkinter and Python GUI development
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Python developers who are familiar with the basics of the language syntax, data structures, and OOP. You do not need previous experience with Tkinter or other GUI development libraries.
What You Will Learn
• Add widgets and handle user events
• Lay out widgets within windows using frames and the different geometry managers
• Configure widgets so that they have a customized appearance and behavior
• Improve the navigation of your apps with menus and dialogs
• Apply object-oriented programming techniques in Tkinter applications
• Use threads to achieve responsiveness and update the GUI
• Explore the capabilities of the canvas widget and the types of items that can be added to it
• Extend Tkinter applications with the TTK (themed Tkinter) module
As one of the more versatile programming languages, Python is well-known for its batteries-included philosophy, which includes a rich set of modules in its standard library; Tkinter is the library included for building desktop applications. Due to this, Tkinter is a common choice for rapid GUI development, and more complex applications can benefit from the full capabilities of this library. This book covers all of your Tkinter and Python GUI development problems and solutions.
Tkinter GUI Application Development Cookbook starts with an overview of Tkinter classes and at the same time provides recipes for basic topics, such as layout patterns and event handling. Next, we cover how to develop common GUI patterns, such as entering and saving data, navigating through menus and dialogs, and performing long-running actions in the background. You will then make your apps leverage network resources effectively, perform 2D and 3D animation-related tasks, create 3D objects, and perform advanced graphical operations. Finally, this book covers using the canvas and themed widgets.
By the end of the book, you will have an in-depth knowledge of Tkinter classes, and will know how to use them to build efficient and rich GUI applications.
Style and approach
A practical recipe-based guide that will help you find solutions to all your Tkinter and Python GUI development-related problems.