- 119,99 €
Due to parallel advances in signal processing and computer hardware in the last 15 years, quantitative ultrasound techniques have reached maturity, allowing for the construction of quantitative maps or images of soft tissues.
This book will focus on 5 modern research topics related to quantitative ultrasound of soft tissues:
- Spectral-based methods for tissue characterization, tissue typing, cancer detection, etc.;
- Envelope statistics analysis as a means of quantifying and imaging tissue properties;
- Ultrasound elastography for quantifying elastic properties of tissues (several clinical ultrasound scanners now display elastography images);
- Scanning acoustic microscopy for forming images of mechanical properties of soft tissues with micron resolution (desktop size scanners are now available); and
- Ultrasound computer tomography for breast cancer imaging (new ultrasound tomography systems have been developed and are currently under evaluation clinically).