Descripción de editorial
The best-selling interactive guide to transforming mind, body and spirit from acclaimed founder of Power Living Australia Yoga, Duncan Peak.
Modern Yoga will transform your life. The only book you need to build a life-long, sustainable yoga practice, this interactive book will lead delve into all elements of this transformational practice, moving beyond just the physical to include meditation, nutrition and self-study to overcome beliefs and patterns that hold us back in life.
• Interactive content – over 80 yoga poses detailed and illustrated (vinyasa and yin yoga styles)
• Over 50 pieces of audio in author’s own voice – hear Duncan’s personal stories brought to life
• 30 audio descriptions of the core vinyasa and yin poses. Listen to the pose explanation, the drishti and modifications
• 3 x audio guided meditations to take you to a place of stillness
• Video content – hear from Duncan on his yoga journey and personal evolution
• Belief systems methodology to spark self-enquiry – the core of Power Living’s transformational practice
• Traditional yogic teachings, delivered for the modern day
• Hours of yoga sequences to take your practice or teaching to the next level
• An incredible training manual – suitable for anyone curious about yoga, those wanting to advance their personal practice and for teachers looking to develop into masterful facilitators
More and more people are discovering the health benefits associated with a regular yoga practice. A simple, holistic practice, Modern Yoga will develop your spiritual wellbeing, physical and mental health building a greater connection to life.
Modern Yoga is a comprehensive guide for anyone interested in making lasting changes to their life.
This is an advanced edition of the print book. It retains all content but includes additional features, interactive content, audio descriptions and guided meditations.
About the author:
Passionate yogi, soul surfer and spiritual warrior. Duncan Peak has pioneered the development of modern yoga in Australia and is the Founder of Power Living Australia Yoga (P.L.A.Y.) – one of Australia’s largest and most successful yoga communities. Smashing the traditional yoga stereotypes, it’s his creative vision and courageous spirit that has shaped what Power Living is today: ten studios spanning Australia and New Zealand; 14,000 students frequenting the studios each week; and a world-class 200-500hr teacher training program which has over 1,000 graduates globally.
His belief in the relevance of yoga’s traditional teachings to modern life has informed the methodology he has created, resulting in a powerful, transformational practice. A committed student of Yoga with nearly two decades teaching experience, he has an anatomy background in neurospinology, has completed extensive modern and traditional yoga studies and practiced Raja Yoga for nearly 20 years.
Now a sought-after motivational speaker, Duncan headlines Wanderlust Festivals around the world, has taught the acoustic yoga jam on the Soulshine Tour with Michael Franti, works with chef Pete Evans, and has spoken at Nike events.
“Duncan has a true sense of mastery in the way he conveys ancient texts and modern life. We have no doubt that Dunx is here to inspire for generations to come.”
Claudine & Honza Lafond – Founders of Yoga Beyond and International Instagram Superstars
“Duncan connects to the hearts of students and inspires them to a journey of strength, power, vitality and joy.”
Baron Baptiste – American Yoga Pioneer, Baptiste Yoga