The Mysterious Mind
How to Use Ancient Wisdom and Modern Science to Heal Your Headaches and Reclaim Your Health
One book. Thousands of years of wisdom. Finally, a solution to your suffering. When most people hear the word "disease," they think of something deadly, uncontrollable and swift -- like cancer. But we're facing an epidemic of "dis-ease" -- of Americans simply feeling unwell and unable to embrace the lives they want to lead. They're tired, overweight, and inflamed. They're dealing with ongoing digestive issues like constipation or diarrhea (or both), and they aren't sleeping well. And many are suffering from regular and sometimes debilitating headaches.
"I just don't feel healthy," you might say. You look in the mirror and think, "What happened to the strong, vibrant person I was in my teens, 20s, 30s? Where has she gone and how do I get her back?" Getting back to a healthy you requires understanding your natural state. Only when you know what a balanced self looks like can you identify the symptoms of imbalance and make appropriate changes to reverse the trajectory of poor health. In ancient Ayurvedic medicine, these natural states are called Doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Your Dosha is the key to your health. This book will help you identify it and make meaningful changes for a strong, pain-free, healthy life.
The Mysterious Mind is a groundbreaking and surprisingly simple answer to a complex medical problem. It combines ancient wisdom with modern medicine to help you heal your pain and discomfort, and reclaim your life. Based on the career insights of board-certified neurologist Dr. Trupti Gokani, this book tackles the questions you have assumed might go unanswered forever.
● Why do I get HEADACHES and how can I prevent them? Why do some of my attacks have nausea, light sensitivity and are located in my temples, yet other involve my neck and back of my head and include sound sensitivity?
● Is it normal to be CONSTIPATED all the time? Is there a link between the gut and the brain?
● Isn't there something I can do to cure my ACHING JOINTS? What causes body pain? How is it linked to the digestive system?
● Why can't I seem to get my MOODS in balance? Why does my mind always feel anxious and restless?
● What would it take for me to not feel so STRESSED OUT all the time? Is there such a thing as adrenal fatigue? Do I have it?
● Isn't there something I can do about my INSOMNIA? How is this linked to impaired liver detoxification and imbalanced adrenals?
● Are there certain foods I can eat or ways I can prepare my foods to help BALANCE my mind and body? What about herbals and nutrients that can bring me into balance?