What is the number one search engine for our students today?
If you guessed Google then I have to disappoint you. You are close though, YouTube is consulted as the first gateway to learning nowadays. And that has taught me a valuable lesson as a teacher. It made me realize that students learn different with mobile devices and that I should make more use of these tools and their strengths. So instead of dropping a text document in front of them, I’m carefully choosing all kinds of media (audio, video, apps, widgets, ...) to enhance their learning journey.
This guide will help as you begin to explore, choose, and integrate learning materials for mobile devices into your classroom:
- Discover the foundational tools & apps you need, and more importantly the key questions to ask when evaluating mobile learning materials
- A practical workflow you can use to transform your existing lesson plans to the needs and capabilities of the digital classroom
- Worked example lesson plans for languages, maths and science classrooms, showing exemplary lesson plans for tablets
- A handy rubric - and free online tool - to speed up the process of evaluating mobile learning material
- Interviews with leading mobile learning experts, with real life experience
- "The book is gorgeous - and really helpful! I am really looking forward to exploring this concept of teacher created materials more closely."
- “We’re making this required reading for all of our teachers!”
- "Superbe book à découvrir sans tarder!"