- € 16,99
Congratulations, you’re a manager! Of course you have expertise in the field you’re managing, but what about everything else? There’s so much more to know!
Whether you’re a new or seasoned manager, your responsibilities can become overwhelming at times. There are days and new situations that will leave you feeling vulnerable. You don’t know where to start or even what to ask!
The Manager’s Answer Book can help. In question-and-answer format, this easy-to-use guide provides information on many aspects of managing. You will learn about:
• Getting started: moving from peer to manager, setting goals, managing projects, resources, and much more.
• Developing your management skills: communicating, delegating, motivating, and facilitating.
• Building and managing your team: hiring, firing, and everything in between.
• Creating your personal brand: building credibility for yourself, your team, and your department.
• Managing up, down, and around: working with people and functions in your organization.
• Potential land mines: conflict, change, and risk.
• Legal pitfalls: navigating the miasma of laws and regulations.
The Manager’s Answer Book will help any manager stay informed and avoid unknowingly tripping over a new situation. It’s a natural complement to The Big Book of HR.
Barbara Mitchell is an author, speaker, and human resources consultant. She is the coauthor of The Big Book of HR, The Essential Workplace Conflict Handbook, The Conflict Resolution Phrase Book, and The Essential HR Handbook. Most of her HR career was spent with Marriott International. Barbara is managing partner of The Mitchell Group and an innovative career transition coach.
Cornelia Gamlem, SPHR, president of The GEMS Group, Ltd., consults, speaks, and writes on human resource and management issues. A recognized expert in employee relations and human resources, she has coauthored four books, three with Barbara. Cornelia spent most of her HR career with a Fortune 500 IT services company with a global presence