Uncle John will get your motor running with this all-new edition dedicated to cars, trucks, trains, buses, motorcycles, mopeds, roller coasters...and of course, the Wienermobile.
Uncle John has the need…for speed! (But he always uses his turn signal.) Hop on in and let the Bathroom Readers’ Institute take you on the ultimate road trip. From the first motorized vehicles to the flying cars of tomorrow, you’ll race around the world to learn about some great sets of wheels and the gear heads who make them go. And not just cars, this book has planes, trains, roller coasters, yachts, and massive machines that literally move mountains. So strap on your seatbelts--it’s going to be a fun ride! Read about...
• Secrets of Hollywood car chases
• The original Cannonball Run
• Taking a ride in the hot-tub limo
• The drag queen
• The history of airships
• The Black Beetle: a New York Central train outfitted with jet engines
• The yacht that cost more than some countries’ GDP
• Around the world in 25 ways
• A car without a driver
• A look at how a jet engine works
• Ghost planes and haunted ships
• Pal Newman buys a Beetle
• The origin of crash-test dummies
And much, much more!