Ever feel like there’s a leader inside you just waiting to get out if you can only find the key to free it?
Perhaps, instead, you feel that being a leader sounds too overwhelming. But Robert Murray knows how to unlock the “practical leader” inside you, and he reveals that anyone willing to learn is capable of becoming one. What is a practical leader? Someone who combines left-brain textbook leadership with right-brain, emotionally connective leadership. And we all have the ability to develop both sets of leadership skills.
As someone who has helped dozens of companies “turn around” from faltering to financial success, Murray has cultivated his own practical leadership skills through observation of countless leaders. Now he shares his years of wisdom in a series of short, poignant leadership lessons.
In Unlocked, you will learn:
• How to connect with your team and nurture a culture of learning
• The payoff of persistence in becoming a modern-day pyramid builder
• The power of “coopetition” (not a typo)
• How to control technology before it controls you
• The power of planning a marriage rather than a wedding when goal-setting
• Why you must understand and how to overcome the Mango Threat
• How to live your values and cultivate them in your team
• Why you must earn your trident every day
Throughout, Murray also shares entertaining and illustrative stories, such as how being arrested in a Hong Kong airport taught him about values and what dining in Morocco has to do with leading your team.
Go ahead. Turn the page and turn the key. Unlock the Practical Leader inside you.