- USD 5.99
Descripción de editorial
Jennifer Bacia's first novel sold for a record-breaking advance, was a lead title in the UK, a Doubleday Book Club choice, the film rights were sold and the book became an international bestseller.
In this practical guide, Jennifer Bacia not only gives you the information that will help you write your own bestseller but also analyzes one of her own bestsellers to show how she turned an initial idea into a powerful and intriguing story that major publishing houses competed for.
Through practical examples drawn from her own novels, the author details not only how to do it, but just as importantly, what not to do.
She shows how to:
- Brainstorm ideas and test those that will go the distance
- Create and structure a story line
- Get past the struggle of the first few pages
- Persevere when you feel defeated
- Show how characters think and feel
- Use sub-plot, flashback and flash-forward
- Write authentic dialogue
- Create suspense
- Write a credible and satisfying ending
- Establish a writing routine that is essential to complete your novel.
Jennifer has been a Visiting Lecturer in Creative Writing at major tertiary institutions. She has had her own newspaper and magazine columns and also writes screen plays and short stories.
Since her amazing debut, Jennifer has written another 7 novels that also made the bestseller lists.
"Jennifer Bacia pioneered mass market fiction in Australia". Matthew Condon, prize-winning journalist and author.
"Bacia is especially good at the simple but deadly emotional arithmetic of contemporary relationships". The Australian
"Superbly crafted suspense" .The Sunday Times
"A novelist to rival Sheldon". Cosmopolitan magazine.