- USD 39.99
Descripción de editorial
Deploy and manage today's essential services on an enterprise-class, open operating system
About This Book
• Configure and manage Linux servers in varying scenarios and for a range of business requirements
• Explore the up-to-date features of CentOS using real-world scenarios
• See practical and extensive recipes to deploy and manage CentOS
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Linux professionals with basic Unix/Linux functionality experience, perhaps even having set up a server before, who want to advance their knowledge in administering various services.
What You Will Learn
• See how to deploy CentOS easily and painlessly, even in multi-server environments
• Configure various methods of remote access to the server so you don't always have to be in the data center
• Make changes to the default configuration of many services to harden them and increase the security of the system
• Learn to manage DNS, emails and web servers
• Protect yourself from threats by monitoring and logging network intrusion and system intrusion attempts, rootkits, and viruses
• Take advantage of today's powerful hardware by running multiple systems using virtualization
CentOS is derived from Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) sources and is widely used as a Linux server. This book will help you to better configure and manage Linux servers in varying scenarios and business requirements.
Starting with installing CentOS, this book will walk you through the networking aspects of CentOS. You will then learn how to manage users and their permissions, software installs, disks, filesystems, and so on. You'll then see how to secure connection to remotely access a desktop and work with databases. Toward the end, you will find out how to manage DNS, e-mails, web servers, and more. You will also learn to detect threats by monitoring network intrusion. Finally, the book will cover virtualization techniques that will help you make the most of CentOS.
Style and approach
This easy-to-read cookbook is filled with practical recipes. Hands-on, task-based exercises will present you with real-world solutions to deploy and manage CentOS in varying business scenarios.