- USD 39.99
Descripción de editorial
Over 80 hands-on recipes to help you efficiently administer, customize, and extend your JIRA 7 implementation
About This Book
• Make JIRA adapt to your organization and process flow
• Gather and display the right information from users with customized forms and layouts
• Extend the capabilities of JIRA with add-ons, scripts, and integrations with other popular applications and cloud platforms
• Use JIRA Service Desk as a customer service support portal
Who This Book Is For
This book is for administrators who customize, support, and maintain JIRA for their organization.
What You Will Learn
• Customize basic settings for your projects, such as screens and fields
• Create and customize workflows to suit your business process needs
• Make workflows more effective and efficient
• Manage users and groups inside JIRA and manage advanced login options
• Secure your JIRA instance using effective practices
• Perform e-mail functionalities with JIRA
• Extend JIRA to integrate with other products and services
JIRA 7 Administration Cookbook, Second Edition covers all the new major features that provide better prioritizing capabilities, enhanced visibility, and the ability to customize JIRA application to meet your needs. We start by upgrading your existing JIRA instance and working through tasks you can perform at the server level to better maintain it. We then delve deep into adapting JIRA to your organization's needs, starting with the visual elements of setting up custom forms to capturing important data with custom fields and screens, and moving on to ensuring data integrity through defining field behaviors. You'll gain insights into JIRA's e-mail capabilities, including managing outgoing e-mail rules and processing incoming e-mails for automated issue creation. The book contains tips and tricks that will make things easier for you as administrators, such as running scripts to automate tasks, getting easy access to logs, and working with tools to troubleshoot problems. The book concludes with a chapter on JIRA Service Desk, which will enable you to set up and customize your own support portal, work with internal teams to solve problems, and achieve optimized services with SLA.
Style and approach
This recipe-based book allows administrators to explore the exciting capabilities of JIRA. After reading this book, you will be able to extend and customize your JIRA implementation.