- USD 27.99
Descripción de editorial
Design and develop high performing programs with Julia
About This Book
• Learn to code high reliability and high performance programs
• Stand out from the crowd by developing code that runs faster than your peers' codes
• This book is intended for developers who are interested in high performance technical programming.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for beginner and intermediate Julia programmers who are interested in high performance technical computing. You will have a basic familiarity with Julia syntax, and have written some small programs in the language.
What You Will Learn
• Discover the secrets behind Julia's speed
• Get a sense of the possibilities and limitations of Julia's performance
• Analyze the performance of Julia programs
• Measure the time and memory taken by Julia programs
• Create fast machine code using Julia's type information
• Define and call functions without compromising Julia's performance
• Understand number types in Julia
• Use Julia arrays to write high performance code
• Get an overview of Julia's distributed computing capabilities
Julia is a high performance, high-level dynamic language designed to address the requirements of high-level numerical and scientific computing. Julia brings solutions to the complexities faced by developers while developing elegant and high performing code.
Julia High Performance will take you on a journey to understand the performance characteristics of your Julia programs, and enables you to utilize the promise of near C levels of performance in Julia.
You will learn to analyze and measure the performance of Julia code, understand how to avoid bottlenecks, and design your program for the highest possible performance. In this book, you will also see how Julia uses type information to achieve its performance goals, and how to use multuple dispatch to help the compiler to emit high performance machine code. Numbers and their arrays are obviously the key structures in scientific computing – you will see how Julia's design makes them fast. The last chapter will give you a taste of Julia's distributed computing capabilities.
Style and approach
This is a hands-on manual that will give you good explanations about the important concepts related to Julia programming.