- USD 27.99
Descripción de editorial
Master the complexities of Bash shell scripting and unlock the power of shell for your enterprise
About This Book
• Identify high-level steps such as verifying user input
• Using the command line and conditional statements in creating/executing simple shell scripts
• Create and edit dynamic shell scripts to manage complex and repetitive tasks
• Leverage the command-line to bypass GUI and automate common tasks
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Linux administrator or a system administrator and are interested in automating tasks in your daily lives, saving time and effort, this book is for you. Basic shell scripting and command-line experience will be required. Familiarity with the tasks you need to automate will be helpful.
What You Will Learn
• Make, execute, and debug your first Bash script
• Create interactive scripts that prompt for user input
• Foster menu structures for operators with little command-line experience
• Develop scripts that dynamically edit web configuration files to produce a new virtual host
• Write scripts that use AWK to search and reports on log files
• Draft effective scripts using functions as building blocks, reducing maintenance and build time
• Make informed choices by comparing different script languages such as Python with BASH
In this book, you'll discover everything you need to know to master shell scripting and make informed choices about the elements you employ.
Grab your favorite editor and start writing your best Bash scripts step by step. Get to grips with the fundamentals of creating and running a script in normal mode, and in debug mode. Learn about various conditional statements' code snippets, and realize the power of repetition and loops in your shell script. You will also learn to write complex shell scripts. This book will also deep dive into file system administration, directories, and system administration like networking, process management, user authentications, and package installation and regular expressions. Towards the end of the book, you will learn how to use Python as a BASH Scripting alternative.
By the end of this book, you will know shell scripts at the snap of your fingers and will be able to automate and communicate with your system with keyboard expressions.
Style and approach
The book will capture your attention and keep you engaged with the simplicity and clarity of each explanation. Every step is accompanied by screenshots so you can cross-check the results before moving on.