- USD 43.99
Descripción de editorial
The ultimate guide to managing, building, and deploying large-scale clusters with Apache Mesos
About This Book
• Master the architecture of Mesos and intelligently distribute your task across clusters of machines
• Explore a wide range of tools and platforms that Mesos works with
• This real-world comprehensive and robust tutorial will help you become an expert
Who This Book Is For
The book aims to serve DevOps engineers and system administrators who are familiar with the basics of managing a Linux system and its tools
What You Will Learn
• Understand the Mesos architecture
• Manually spin up a Mesos cluster on a distributed infrastructure
• Deploy a multi-node Mesos cluster using your favorite DevOps
• See the nuts and bolts of scheduling, service discovery, failure handling, security, monitoring, and debugging in an enterprise-grade, production cluster deployment
• Use Mesos to deploy big data frameworks, containerized applications, or even custom build your own applications effortlessly
Apache Mesos is open source cluster management software that provides efficient resource isolations and resource sharing distributed applications or frameworks.
This book will take you on a journey to enhance your knowledge from amateur to master level, showing you how to improve the efficiency, management, and development of Mesos clusters. The architecture is quite complex and this book will explore the difficulties and complexities of working with Mesos.
We begin by introducing Mesos, explaining its architecture and functionality. Next, we provide a comprehensive overview of Mesos features and advanced topics such as high availability, fault tolerance, scaling, and efficiency. Furthermore, you will learn to set up multi-node Mesos clusters on private and public clouds.
We will also introduce several Mesos-based scheduling and management frameworks or applications to enable the easy deployment, discovery, load balancing, and failure handling of long-running services. Next, you will find out how a Mesos cluster can be easily set up and monitored using the standard deployment and configuration management tools.
This advanced guide will show you how to deploy important big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, and Storm on Mesos and big data storage frameworks such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Kafka.
Style and approach
This advanced guide provides a detailed step-by-step account of deploying a Mesos cluster. It will demystify the concepts behind Mesos.