- USD 4.99
Descripción de editorial
You Too Can Become a Successful Writer—If You're Willing to Develop This Trait
Do you know that it's almost impossible to find a successful writer who has published only one book? Virtually every widely acclaimed author has an extensive catalog of books. To join the elite ranks of those who write consistently, you need to learn how to stay prolific over the long term. And for that, the number one ingredient is self-discipline.
In Self-Discipline for Writers, bestselling author Martin Meadows shares his philosophy and strategies on how to build self-discipline as a writer and how to keep writing over the long term. Here are some of the most important ideas you'll discover:
- 3 foundations of self-discipline for writers (avoid a common mistake that almost always leads to failure),
- 3 steps to a strong work ethic as a writer (learn how to develop a strategy for consistently hitting your word counts),
- 5 types of self-doubt common among writers and how to overcome them (if you don't believe in yourself as a writer, how are your readers supposed to believe in you?),
- 7 tips on how to manage your energy as a writer—including not only the most fundamental advice, but also intricacies like discussing your projects with other people, capturing fleeting ideas, and reading your reviews (learn why optimizing your energy is key to consistent results),
- why control is essential for any writer (and how to claim it),
- 5 good business practices for more self-discipline (this includes some surprising thoughts on how to run your writing business to reduce frustration and increase productivity).
Writing doesn't have to be burdensome. You too can write with more ease, and most importantly, write and publish consistently so that you can enjoy a flourishing writing career. Let's learn together how to accomplish this exciting goal.