- 52,99 zł
"Because the world needs you to change it"
Expanded and updated exclusively for graduates just entering the workforce, this extraordinary new edition of Lean In includes a letter to graduates from Sheryl Sandberg and six additional chapters from experts offering advice on finding and getting the most out of a first job; CV writing; best interviewing practices; negotiating your salary; listening to your inner voice; owning who you are; and leaning in for millennial men.
In 2013, Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In became a massive cultural phenomenon and its title became an instant catchphrase for empowering women. The book soared to the top of bestseller lists internationally, igniting global conversations about women and ambition. Sandberg packed theatres, dominated op-ed pages, appeared on every major television show and on the cover of Time magazine, and sparked ferocious debate about women and leadership. Now, this enhanced edition provides the entire text of the original book updated with more recent statistics and features a passionate letter from Sandberg encouraging graduates to find and commit to work they love. A combination of inspiration and practical advice, this new edition will speak directly to graduates and, like the original, will change lives.
New Material for the Graduate Edition:
· A Letter to Graduates from Sheryl Sandberg
· Find Your First Job, by Mindy Levy (Levy has more than twenty years of experience in all phases of organisational management and holds degrees from Wharton and Penn)
· Negotiate Your Salary, by Kim Keating (Keating is the founder and managing director of Keating Advisors)
· Man Up: Millennial Men and Equality, by Kunal Modi (Modi is a consultant at McKinsey & Company and a recent graduate of Harvard Kennedy School and Harvard Business School)
· Leaning In Together, by Rachel Thomas (Thomas is the president of Lean In)
· Own Who You Are, by Mellody Hobson (Hobson is the president of Ariel Investments)
· Listen to Your Inner Voice, by Rachel Simmons (Simmons is cofounder of the Girls Leadership Institute)
· 14 Lean In stories (500-word essays), by readers around the world who have been inspired by Sandberg
Facebook COO Sandberg's newest release is a slightly revised and updated version of her 2013 title, Lean In, tailored for graduates. The text of the original book is intact, covering all the bases that became so famous in the media frenzy following the original publication: success and likeability, making your partner a real partner, the myth of doing it all, and most importantly, "the blunt truth is that men still run the world." Here, readers will also find a new introduction exhorting female grads to embrace leadership and change the world they've inherited, as well as a number of essays from successful women on subjects such as conquering fear, rising above one's circumstances, and crafting a great resume. Peppered within are bits of career advice, pithy aphorisms ("it's a jungle gym, not a ladder"), and examples from Sandberg's life. Her encouraging tone and catchy calls to action are as compelling as ever, and this new version features a section with first-job advice.