- 22,99 €
Descrição da editora
The UK's leading expert tells you all you need to know about the perimenopause and menopause.
Menopause affects 51% of the population. Yet despite increased awareness in recent years, so much of the menopause remains a mystery. Here, Dr Louise Newson, the UK's leading menopause specialist, breaks remaining taboos with the definitive guide to menopause. The Definitive Guide to the Perimenopause and Menopause starts with the key facts about hormones, their importance and their effects on our bodies, before delving into family histories and their effects on menopause, the essential guide to HRT, our libidos, our mental and physical health, how menopause affects our careers and relationships and so much more.
Dr Louise Newson covers five key elements:
1. The essentials: must-know information that is evidence-based and accessible.
2. Exclusive research and findings from Dr Newson's non-profit Newson Health Research and Education and Balance community.
3. Common questions women want to know answered.
4. Real stories: Women share their own menopause experiences - including Dr Newson.
5. Expert views: a panel of experts in fields including neurology, nutrition, psychology and oncology.
You'll come away with a clear understanding of what menopause is, how it can affect our health, relationships and careers as well as how best to cope during menopause.
(P) 2023 Hodder & Stoughton Limited