- 4,99 €
Descrição da editora
Cycling's Greatest Misadventures presents twenty-seven true stories which cross the spectrum from terrifying to comical to downright bizarre. In these pages both everyday riders and pros tell their stories of freak accidents, animal attacks, sabotage, idiotic decisions, eerie or unexplained incidents, and other jaw dropping, adrenalin-pumping calamities. These stories bring to life the strange possibilities that await us once we step on the pedals of our road, mountain, or commuter bikes.
A sampling of misadventures in this collection include the stories of:
• A mountain biker who follows a bull and then gets gored by it
• Twenty Buffalo Soldiers who completed a TransAmerica ride in 1897
• A large rat that jumps on a woman's bike and tail slaps her repeatedly
• A pro cyclist's brutal race that ends with him naked and horrified
• A recreational cyclist who accidentally rides deep into a prison yard
• A dude who crashes a stationary bike in his first spin class
• A bike messenger who gets hit by nine cars
• A man who spreads tacks on a womens' race course as a ploy to get a date
These stories will make you laugh, wonder, and shake your head with disbelief.