- 49,99 lei
From the bestselling author of The Book of Awesome, You Are Awesome, and the award-winning, multimillion-hit blog 1000 Awesome Things comes even more of the little things that make us smile every day!
Neil Pasricha is back with a collection of hundreds more awesome things from the website, as well as never-before-seen extraordinary moments that deserve celebration:
• Letting go of the gas pump perfectly so you end on a round number
• When a baby falls asleep on you
• When your pet notices you’re in a bad mood and comes to see you
• Pulling a weed and getting all the roots with it
• When your windshield wipers match the beat of the song you’re listening to
• When the hiccups stop
• The smooth feeling on your teeth when you get your braces off
• Driving from a rough road onto a smooth one
• When the person you’re meeting is even later than you are
• That guy who helps you parallel park
There’s even space for you to write your very own Awesome Things in the back. Because couldn’t we all use (even more) awesome?
Pasricha was living in a "dusty suburb" and working an office job as the magic of his marriage sadly faded. So on June 20, 2008, he went online to recall bright moments: "I wanted to try to focus on the positive by writing about one awesome thing every night after I came home from work." His countdown of simple joys eventually resulted in 23 million hits at his award-winning site (1000awesomethings.com) and a bestseller, The Book of Awesome. Scheduled for publication the same week he completes all 1,000, this entertaining follow-up collection offers more reflections on life's little pleasures, such as "Getting the keys to your first apartment" or "Making it halfway." Not surprisingly, many of these short essays are food-related, such as "Eating cookies like Cookie Monster." With "The perfect egg crack" and "Kicking those clumps of frozen slush off the back of your car's mud flaps," Pasricha finds fun in frustrations, going from grit to wit. All 224 optimistic observations are neatly packaged in a great book design by Amanda Dewey.