- 129,00 kr
Hawkwood’s in America for this gripping, action-packed follow up to the bestselling Ratcatcher - for fans of Bernard Cornwell, Conn Igulden and Patrick O’Brian
Britain is locked in a bitter war with America and Matthew Hawkwood, soldier turned spy, is stranded behind enemy lines.
A TERRIFYING PLOT
Hawkwood heads for the Canadian border, along with former comrade-in-arms, Major Douglas Lawrence. But as they men make their escape, the two men uncover a plot that could turn the British Empire to dust.
A PERILOUS JOURNEY
Pursued by a relentless enemy, Hawkwood and Lawrence set off across the Adirondack Mountains. But they are not alone. Buried deep in Hawkwood’s past is an old alliance – one which could save both their lives and turn the tide of war…
Praise for James McGee:
• 'Irresistible… rambunctious entertainment' Observer
• 'Rumbustious…a darkly attractive hero, terrific period atmosphere and action' The Times
• 'Atmospheric and well researched… try it' Daily Mirror
• ‘Breakneck pace, brutal action, clever characterisation and twisty plotting …' Reginald Hill
• ‘Ratcatcher is a richly enjoyable and impressively researched novel – also very gripping. James McGee is clearly a rising star in the historical galaxy and I look forward to Hawkwood's return' Andrew Taylor, author of The American Boy
About the author
James McGee was born into an army family. He was educated in Gibraltar, Germany and Belfast. His career has encompassed banking, bookselling and thirteen years in the airline business. He has also presented book reviews for BBC local radio and several independent stations. In addition to the successful Hawkwood series, he has also written several thrillers. He lives in Somerset.