- 85,00 kr
Campbellsville University is a Christian institution whose mission is focused on scholarship, leadership, and fellowship. This volume chronologically documents the evolution of the institution, beginning with its humble origins during the early 20th century. In 1906, the Russell Creek Association of Baptists purchased 10 acres of land, which became the campus of the Russell Creek Academy. Elementary and secondary school classes were offered in September 1907, as was training for teachers.
Campbellsville Junior College was established in 1924. Despite the school becoming a college, elementary and secondary school students continued to be educated there until 1941. Campbellsville College began offering a four-year higher education program in 1959. The institution achieved university status in 1996. Today a majority of the students attend classes on the 75-acre campus located in the heart of Campbellsville, Kentucky. The university also offers educational programs in such disparate locales as Louisville, Kentucky, and Recife, Brazil.