- 85,00 kr
First platted as Park Resort and later Harrison, Panama City received its current designation in 1909. More than 100 years ago, men of vision recognized the attractiveness and potential of this land along the shores of St. Andrews Bay, and those visionaries established a city that is now anticipating its centennial year. A local newspaper once reported that such men “saw that nature had dealt kindly with that section of the country and that with properly directed effort a great future awaited it.” Others claimed the area was “nothing but a wilderness.” Today nature’s kindness to those who reside on these shores is apparent. This volume pays tribute to the city by recognizing the places, events, and, most importantly, the individuals who have inspired its success.