***For a limited time, you can get the author’s latest book, The Yin & Yang Lifestyle Guide, for free - click here to find out more > michaelhetherington.com.au/freebook (just copy and paste into your browser)***
“Those who flow as life flows, know they need no other force” ~ Lao Tzu
Oriental Yoga is a fusion of traditional Indian Hatha yoga with Chinese medicine and Taoist cosmology. The aim of applying this knowledge is, like all yoga’s and spiritual paths, is to help the practitioner align with the natural cosmic forces of the universe. When one aligns with these natural forces the path becomes more harmonious, more easeful and more joyful, for these are the innate qualities of the universal way.
This book explores winter in the 5 element system and provides insight into the associated organs and meridians. Also detailed are a variety of practices and yoga asanas to help the practitioner align with the winter energy. This book is not just about explaining a variety of yoga postures, it explores a complete system of yoga.
In this book you will learn:
- About the 5 elements and how to adjust to them to bring more balance to ones life
- The meridians of the Kidneys and Bladder
- Signs and symptoms of the Kidneys and Bladder in balance
- Signs and symptoms of the Kidneys and Large Bladder out of balance
- Practical tips to correct any imbalances
- Food and oriental diet therapy
- Muscles associated with the Kidneys and Bladder
- Yoga postures that focus on the Kidneys and Bladder
- Meditation practices