The groundbreaking #1 New York Times bestseller that taught a generation how to transform their careers
LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman and venture capitalist Ben Casnocha show how to accelerate your career in today’s competitive world. The key is to manage your career as if it were a start-up business: a living, breathing, growing start-up of you.
Why? Start-ups—and the entrepreneurs who run them—are nimble. They invest in themselves. They build their professional networks. They take intelligent risks. They make uncertainty and volatility work to their advantage.
These are the very same skills professionals need to get ahead today.
This book isn’t about cover letters or résumés. Instead, you will learn the best practices of the most successful start-ups and how to apply these entrepreneurial strategies to your career. Whether you work for a giant multinational corporation, stitch together multiple gigs in a portfolio career, or are launching your own venture, you need to know how to
• adapt your career plans as you change, the people around you change, and industries change
• develop a competitive advantage so that you stand out from others at work
• strengthen your professional network by building powerful alliances and maintaining a diverse mix of relationships
• find the unique breakout opportunities that massively accelerate career growth
• take proactive risks to become more resilient to industry tsunamis
• tap your network for information and intelligence that help you make smarter decisions
A revolutionary guide to thriving in today’s fractured world of work, the strategies in this book will help you survive and thrive and achieve your boldest professional ambitions. The Start-up of You empowers you to become the CEO of your career and take control of your future.