Simple, practical, and inspiring tips, recipes, and wellness advice.
This practical and inspiring little book offers over 1,000 wellness tips for boosting your immune system, caring for burns and wounds, improving your complexion, reducing stress, and much more. Find simple and effective home remedies such as:
• To relieve a dry, irritating cough: to 1/3 pt (200ml) boiling water, add the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tsp honey, ¼ tsp cinnamon, 1 clove garlic, and a sprig of rosemary. Stir well, cover and leave for 15 mins. Strain and sip slowly.
• To relieve eczema, steep ½ ounce (13 grams) chamomile flowers in 1 pint (600 milliliters) boiling water for 20 minutes and add to a bath.
• To relieve tension in the upper body, sit cross-legged, block the ears with your fingers. Breathe in, then breathe out making a humming sound to lengthen the exhalation. Repeat 10 times before going to bed.
• To remove makeup, coat the fingers with almond, sunflower, or avocado oil and spread evenly over the face and neck. Remove the oil with tissues.
• Saturate a black tea bag with warm water. Press over clean lips for 5 minutes. Repeat if desired. Black tea is high in tannic acid, retains moisture, and keeps lips smooth and taut.
• To give hair a shine, mash an over-ripe banana; combine with 3 drops of almond oil. Massage into dry hair, leave on for 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual.
Many of the hints found here are the product of tradition passed from one generation to another. They cover advice on care of the body from head to toe, a common sense approach to first aid and using medicines, recipes for non-toxic cleaning solutions, ways to alleviate common ailments with ingredients you probably already have on hand, and more.