Spurned by the Americans living in the South Louisiana town of Franklin because of her Catholic upbringing and forbidden to associate with the French Creoles and Cajuns by her father, Amanda Rose Richardson believes she is destined to become an old maid. When she finds herself in a compromised situation, it is her good friend René Comeaux, a proud Cajun who rescues her. But can René convince her father his intensions are honorable and win the heart of the "Jolie Blonde" he adores?
A Cajun Dream is an award-winning delightful romance between a very proper American heiress and the proud Cajun who is determined to win her love.
"A Cajun Dream will bring a smile to readers' faces. Ms. Claire has captured the sweetness of falling in love the first time with the gentleness of Dorothy Garlock and the tenderness of Pamela Morsi." — Maria C. Ferrer for Romantic Times magazine
"What a marvelous debut! Cherie Claire is sure to earn a bevy of fans with this charming and heartwarming tale." — Rexanne Becnel, author of Blink of An Eye
• Historical American romance, set in Louisiana in 1848
• Book Five of Cherie’s The Cajuns series
• A full-length novel of 90,000 words (about 365 printed book pages)
• R-rated content: Steamy love scenes!
• Originally published by Kensington Publishing Co.
• Holt, Romantic Times Reviewers Choice finalists
• Louisiana Federation of Press Women Best Novel Award, National Federation of Press Women third place winner
• RT four-star review, Amazon regional best-seller
The Cajuns series follows a family of Acadians (Cajuns) who travel to South Louisiana and start anew after being exiled from their Nova Scotia home. The first three books follow the Gallant sisters as they attempt to reunite with their father in the wilds of Louisiana and Delphine (Book Four) takes place during Louisiana's role in the American Revolution. The Dugas family saga continues with A Cajun Dream (Book Five) and The Letter (Book Six). For a family tree, visit http://www.cherieclaire.net.
The Cajuns historical saga
Book One: Emilie
Book Two: Rose
Book Three: Gabrielle
Book Four: Delphine
Book Five: A Cajun Dream
Book Six: The Letter
I read all and they were wonderful. Romance, history, intrigue, could not stop reading. Really enjoyed this very talented author.