Improve Your Counseling Skills With "A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling"
A short guide with a structured, systematic approach to counselling, including tips to help you make the most of each session.
Most counsellor training courses don't include some of the important aspects of counselling, such as non-verbal communication. However, research shows that only 7% of what we say is verbal. That leaves a 93% gap in what we understand when someone communicates with us. A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling looks to fill that gap and equip counsellors, nurses, teachers, parents and other caregivers with the necessary skills to improve communication during counselling sessions.
Many novice counsellors get completely lost, or so entangled in the process, that it becomes difficult for them to focus entirely on the client and to skillfully provide counsel. The author believes that part of this is due to the fact that many courses are unstructured, specifically when it comes to specific outcomes.
In A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling, Jimmy Henderson has created a structured system, providing information in recognisable, progressive stages.
Both face-to-face and telephone counsellors will find A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling a helpful tool in counselling for general and specific outcomes. Using this guide as a tool will help improve your counselling skills.
*A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling is a structured, systematic approach to in-person and telephonic counselling.
*A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling contains visual scenarios to demonstrate how skills are applied in practice.
*A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling will show you how to follow a specific counselling pattern, based on observable outcomes.
*A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling will ensure that you no longer get lost in the process.
Jimmy Henderson Hons. BA (phil.) MA (psychology), Cert. Trauma Counselling has written and sold several short guides and is a renowned author with a large following.
Whether you are a qualified counsellor, teacher, nurse, parent or any other type of caregiver, you will find the approach in A comprehensive Guide to Crisis Counselling easy-to-use, constructive and effective. Get your copy today.