To avid fans around the world, A Cup of Comfort has gained recognition as the #1 series for providing a pick-me-up when readers need it most—as well as for remarkable stories that turn the ordinary into the extraordinary. A Cup of Comfort for Courage is the boldest volume yet, celebrating heroines and heroes who transformed the lives of everyone who knows them.
This remarkable collection tells of more than fifty advocates, hard workers, and small-town stars, such as:
• A young immigrant who follows the ancient advice to "go west"—and creates her own American dream
• A high school football hero who braves a strong current to save more than a dozen lives when a catastrophic flood washes away a school bus
• A young woman who escapes war-torn Bosnia with nothing but the clothes on her back and her daughter in her arms
• A young woman who survives a near-fatal car accident and not only regains her mobility, but summons the strength to hike the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail
• A coal miner who holds back the flow of oncoming water in a tunnel—just long enough for his comrades to escape certain death!
The stories in A Cup of Comfort for Courage will kindle the spirit of its readers and offer hope whenever they need it. It’s nothing less than a supportive friend and a powerful mentor in times of struggle—and triumph.