The MOJO guides are designed for media students, educators and the next generation of mobile storytellers.
In this volume:
• Learn practical and innovative methods to take better pictures with whatever mobile device you have with you
• Master the fundamentals of apps, camera controls, composition, and lighting
• Discover what gear field reporters use to make photo stories
• Unlock your potential as a storyteller by understanding how great stories are made
• Use groundbreaking new apps to craft rich, multimedia reports
• Learn how creating trust can help you make great portraits
“The MOJO Guide is a wonderfully complete and strikingly accessible training book for anyone who wants to create compelling stories with their mobile phone and/or camera. It covers the basics of good visual journalism and the technical aspects that are so important today.”
Howard I. Finberg
The Poynter Institute
“We all know mobile matters. Now Robb shows everyone how it can be done: demystifying the technology and showing what is possible with the camera you always have in hand. Essential.”
“Robb’s comprehensive ‘A Field Guide for Mobile Journalism’ is the ‘go-to’ and ‘how-to’ for mobile visual journalism. Congratulations for publishing this masterpiece of bringing the complexity of mojo technology to the level of simplicity in real-world practice.”
Martha L Stone
CEO, World Newsmedia Network
Customer ReviewsSee All
An excellent text for media instructors and beyond
Among the intended readers of this book, jouronalism instructors will benefit the most by adopting this book in teaching digital journalism to the next generation journalists. When teaching courses in this ever-changing area, an instructor has to search and consult everywhere for usable course materials, and this book provides a much-needed one-stop solution.
Invaluable resource for journalists
Whether you're a new reporter or seasoned pro, you'll learn much from this book. You'll find tips for effectively filing photos and stories from the field; apps that you'll soon swear by; and instruction on everything from how to take basic photos to how to create a mapped story.