This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
In this Apple-certified guide, Richard Harrington shows teachers how to integrate digital media arts into their existing curriculum using iLife ’08, iWork ’08, and practical, step-by-step projects. Developed in collaboration with the Pearson Education Foundation in accordance with the National Educational Technology Standards council, the book includes class-room tested guidelines from the Foundation's Digital Media Arts program, as well as inspirational profiles of successful digital media classroom projects around the world. Designed to be used with Apple Training Series: iLife ’08 and Apple Training Series: iWork 08, this guide covers everything from designing a photo essay to creating polished video projects, and will have teachers and students producing websites, podcasts, video blogs, and DVDs in no time. Students learn to:
• Express a Feeling: Create a photo-essay slideshow, add sound, and publish it on the web
• Make a Factual Case: Track data in a spreadsheet, organize it into charts, then deliver it as a Keynote presentation
• Make a Persuasive Case: Research an issue, develop an argument, and create a PSA in iMovie and burn it to DVD
• Solve a Problem: Reconcile income and expenses in a household budget and chart financial scenarios
• Tell a Story: Document the personal history of a community leader in a short, sophisticated movie