Give your kids the gift of financial literacy.
The best time to learn about money is at a young age. "If you help your kids develop good money habits when they are young," writes financial planner and author Paul Lermitte, "they will have a better chance of being successful managers of money."
Allowances, Dollars and Sense provides practical answers to parents' many questions about money and kids. When should children receive an allowance? How much and how often? Should allowance be tied to chores? When should kids have bank accounts and debits cards?
Instill positive financial values in your children and you will help them:
• learn how to set goals and achieve results
• become money-smart consumers
• gain confidence in all of the their decision-making
• develop consistent money habits and valuable skills
• grow up to be financially responsible adults
Since 1999, when this book was first published, tens of thousands of families have benefited from its sound advice. This revised and updated edition now helps the next generation!