FACT: About 50% of all people in the U.S. either know someone with an eating disorder or have been personally affected by one.
Whether you are personally struggling with an eating disorder or you know someone who is, this 96-page book offers you key information on the causes, effects, and treatment options for anorexia and bulimia. It answers: What is anorexia and bulimia? What are the symptoms of anorexia? and How can someone recover from these eating disorders?
Anorexia and bulimia feed the minds of those starving for love and acceptance with the wrong answer. But there's hope! After personally counseling people struggling with eating disorders for 30 years, June Hunt has seen firsthand that healing and recovery is possible. This quick-reference guide on eating disorders combines her years of experience with timeless biblical truth, relevant information, and practical action-steps.
• Get key definitions, such as what is anorexia? What is anorexia nervosa? What is bulimia? What is "body image?"
• Learn how to spot the symptoms of anorexia and the warning signs of bulimia. Find out how eating disorders damage the brain and body, causing everything from seizures, infertility, heart failure, and even death.
• Discover the situational and root causes that often lead to eating disorders, such as unresolved pain.
• Get practical advice on how to personally overcome an eating disorder or help guide someone through the process. Includes 8 "first steps" to take to begin your journey toward recovery and also gives practical ways to start eating healthier.
• Dive into the Word of God and see what it says about your value, your image, and your worth. Be encouraged as you discover your incredible worth through God's eyes and be transformed as you align your thinking with God's thinking.