"Someone to love me." That's all she wanted--all anyone really wants. We are all addicts, "sinaholics," says the author, trying to fill with various addictions a gaping void in our hearts designed for God. Take Mary Magdalene. She was a prosperous prostitute, but her life was one sad, sordid story--until she met Someone who loved her with a pure, unconditional love. Ever afterward the shame of her past was eclipsed by her absolute devotion to the One who set her free.
Doug Batchelor unveils the beauty of the gospel with original insights through the eyes of Jesus' most dedicated disciple. This imaginative yet biblical retelling of Mary's experience clarifies several significant biblical teachings with a kaleidoscope of vivid illustrations. Discover a fresh picture of a gentle, loving Saviour who without condemning or condoning our past offers us a new future as we, like Mary, linger at Jesus' feet.
1. At Jesus' Feet in Shame: Adultery in the Temple
2. At Jesus' Feet in Sorrow: "Praying for the Dead"
3. At Jesus' Feet in Study: Martha's Distraction
4. At Jesus' Feet in Sacrifice: Simon's Feast
5. At Jesus' Feet in Surrender: At the Cross
6. At Jesus' Feet in Service: At the Tomb
7. At Jesus' Feet in Song: The Resurrection