This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
This travel guide also features an itinerary with our suggestions for your travel route. Itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Respect | Cope | Contact | Stay Safe | Units Conversion
1. General: Name | Climate | Economy & Demographics | Administration | History | Orientation
2. Maps: Thailand | Bangkok | Sytrain | Railway | Transport | Mass Transit Routes | Ayutthaya | Chao Phraya River
3. Transport: Get in | Get around | Airports | Metro | Boats | Skytrain | Railway
4. Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | Do | Buy | Markets
5. Culture: Museums | Cultural venues | Emerald Buddha | Sport
6. Landmarks: Palaces & Wats | Buildings & Structures | Places of Worship | Parks & Gardens
7. By Area: Geography | Districts | Streets & Squares | Get out | Itinerary: Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
8. Thailand: Do | History | Culture | Parks | Islands
8.1 Other Destinations: Chiang Mai | Ayutthaya | Pattaya | Chiang Rai | Hat Yai | Kanchanaburi | Sukhothai
Customer ReviewsSee All
If you are looking for a Bangkok travel guide, this is it. This ebook gives you all required information, when you pack for your vacation. This valuable tool will be the only travel reference you will need to take with you. The maps helped me get back to the hotel on more than one occasion, a definite lifesaver and an essential necessity. You will want to keep this beautiful and informative ebook after you return from your trip to Thailand so that you may continue to enjoy its illustrations and photos. Truly a wonderful guide.