Be My Babies

    • 4.4 • 523 Ratings
    • $4.99
    • $4.99

Publisher Description

What does an unexpected baby bring? A marriage of convenience? A reconciliation? A rejection like no other? NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Kathryn Shay delivers an emotional series, About the Baby, filled with sizzling romance, heartfelt pregnancy and baby scenes, and a unique look at the healing power of forgiveness.

Fairview, New York is Lily Wakefield’s last stop because there’s nowhere else for her to go. She’s lost everything but the twins she’s expecting. Fleeing from an abusive situation, she goes to this small town hoping to find solace in the grandfather she never knew. Once there, she meets Simon McCarthy, who’s the kind of man she’s always wanted to build a life with. But he doesn’t trust her—with good reason.

Simon has made a life for himself in Fairview and wants to raise his daughter in peace and buy the local newspaper he manages. Then Lily makes her way into both Jenna’s and Simon’s hearts. As do her babies.  But she could be the one to threaten his stability and all he’s accomplished. Is Simon ready to take that risk?

When Lily’s past catches up with her, it seems impossible that she and Simon will ever have a chance at happiness.

If you like stories about secret babies, reunion of lost loves, and wounded heroes, follow the full series, which can be read in any order: A TIME TO GIVE, Book 1, JUST ONE NIGHT, Book 2, BE MY BABIES, Book 3.

*Originally published in 2008, this book has been revised, updated and modernized.

Reader praise for BE MY BABIES:

“Kathryn Shay has written one of the best novels this reader has read this year. BE MY BABIES is emotional and filled with love and happily ever after.”

“This is a wonderful family drama with likable characters as Gil and Lily get second chances. Simon and Lily are a terrific pairing and love each other. Fans will enjoy this fine homecoming romance.”

“Another wonderfully penned story by this amazing author. Very loving and moving story.”

January 19
Ocean View Books
Mary C. Schaefer

Customer Reviews

Jan in Ky ,

Be My Babies

Ms Shay has written another winner! I couldn’t put the book down from start to finish. The heartaches of single parenthood as well as the children involved is handled beautifully.

777sails ,

Be My Babies

This book will definitely take you on an emotional roller-coaster ride. The characters and the plot were so well developed. I adored reading this. I really hated to put this down. I could have just kept reading about these two for a much longer time.

Lily Wakefield shows up in Fairview, NY outside of the Sentinel's doors. The Sentinel is the local newspaper operated by Simon McCarthy and owned by her grandfather, Gil. Lily left her husband of 10 years on the day that she discovers a dark secret of his. Simon is suspicious of Lily at first. The single father of a teen has been hurt before and doesn't want his daughter, Jenna or Gil to get hurt.

The road to Lily and Simon's HEA is one that is filled with ups and downs. The scenes are written in such a way that just drew me in and blew me away. Several scenes are such heart-breakers that I completely broke down in tears. This is a very poignant story that reads like a movie. It was so realistic that I could almost see myself in Lily's part.

I adored the multi-character format. Getting that glimpse into the different characters' thought-process really helped me to identify with that character. Especially the two leading characters. Lily goes through so much in this story that courage just awed me. Simon for about 95% of the time was a character that I adored as well. The other 5% just made him seem so human.

There is a highly glossed over bedroom scene that should not offend anyone but that being said, I can only HIGHLY recommend this to anyone over the age of 18.

jk(9 ,

Be My Babies

Didn’t care for the story.

More Books by Kathryn Shay


Customers Also Bought


Other Books in This Series